Alison began in social media at the beginning of social media itself, setting up the first Facebook pages for some major brands. From within agencies, she sowed the seeds for a successful freelance career: now managing, training and speaking for a range of clients.
Now those seeds have sprouted Avocado Social. As a brand she's growing in confidence, growing her team and growing her audience. Hear how she markets herself and Avocado to finally enjoy the fruits of her labour.
Scroll down for key takeway points, but first sign yourself up so you don't miss a thing!
Key Takeaway Points
- make the most of your network: when Alison went freelance she told everyone she knew
- she started off trading as her name, but felt unprofessional at speaking gigs and wanted to bring on sub contractors and grow her business so became Avocado Social
- she invested in a site and logo and has since relaunched again
- Alison has created ‘personas’ for her target audience/clients which helps her focus her marketing and services
- speaking at events not only pays, but brings in clients
- Alison is finding success hosting her monthly webinars, they show her expertise and also make a connection with her as a person
- The video on her website has really broken down a barrier for people contacting her
- Blogging once a week consistently, she's brought on people to help her keep this up
More from Alison
Who the hell is Steve Folland?
You know how everyone bangs on about how powerful video and audio content can be?
Yeah, well Steve helps businesses make it and make the most of it. Find out more at stevefolland.com, track him down on Twitter @sfolland or lay a trail of cake and he'll eventually catch you up.