Stop In The Name Of GLove - Stop Motion Filmmaker Graham Love
You're 17. One of your stop motion films goes viral. A major TV channel calls with a commission. What do you? Start university as planned, or seize the moment and begin a freelance career for some of the biggest brands and broadcasters?
For Graham, all of his tiny precise filmic movements led to a sudden leap forward.
4 years on, as GLove Productions he's still having huge success. We chat creativity, finance, isolation and becoming a business straight out of school.
Key Takeaway Points
- Side projects can lead to dream work
- Seize the moment: if you've got an opportunity, why not take it?
- Just commercial work can sap your energy.. don’t forget what it is you love to do and perhaps use a creative side project to reinvigorate you
- Be savvy with your invoicing, bill 50% up front if possible
- Don’t take client feedback personally - they’re not saying it to get at you
More From Graham
Who the hell is Steve Folland?
You know how everyone bangs on about how powerful video and audio content can be?
Yeah, well Steve helps businesses make it and make the most of it. Find out more at stevefolland.com, track him down on Twitter @sfolland or lay a trail of cake and he'll eventually catch you up.
This episode is supported by The Podcast Host
Steve's hosting Being Freelance live as part of New Media Europe this June!
Tickets are on sale now. Let us know if you're going!